At Spectrum Insurance Brokers, it is our mission to delight our customers with world-class services through the efficient and effective utilization of human and technological resources and the use of the appropriate distribution systems that enhance long-term relationships and profitability.
Giving You the ‘Peace of Mind.’
Spectrum Insurance Brokers Ltd was established with an objective to provide insurance and risk management services primarily to commercial, manufacturing and the services industries. However, over time we took advantage of the growing niche market of group packages or schemes for motor and home owners insurances, including employees involved in the telecom, medical public & private sectors, public utilities, members of the Jamaica Civil Service Association and other Public Sector employees. Spectrum quickly developed into one of the largest brokers for personal lines insurance in the local industry.
1. What To Do In The Event Of a Major Peril eg:- Flood, Hurricane, Fire (Non-Motor Claims).
• Photograph the damaged areas and items.
• Secure premises / items for inspection and prevent further loss or damage.
• Report loss to us as soon as possible (This MUST be done within 30 days).
• For building damage:- Obtain an estimate from a reputable builder / contractor.
• For contents damage:- Prepare an inventory of lost / damaged items to include purchase prices, repair estimate and or proforma invoices.
• Keep invoices for items purchased.
2. What To Do When You Have a Motor Vehicle Accident.
• Ensure you obtain all information from the Third Party involved.
• Report matter to the nearest Police Station.
• Visit our office immediately with copy of driver’s licence, registration certificate & fitness.
• Complete Accident Report Form.
• Obtain an Estimate of Repairs.
3. What To Do If Your Vehicle Is Stolen.
• Report the matter to the nearest Police Station.
• Contact us immediately (within 30 days) to complete an Incident Form.
• Ensure that you have the original Certificate of Fitness, Registration Certificate and Title.
• If documents were stolen, this should be reported to the Police and substitutes obtained from the Collector of Taxes.
• Have the Title endorsed and partially transferred at the Tax Office for submission to us.
N .B:- Insurers will appoint an investigator and the process should take approximately 6-8 weeks for settlement.